History of the School

The doors to Riletta Twyne Cream opened for the first time in January 1991 under the leadership of Dorothy Wyatt, principal.

We are named after Riletta Twyne Cream, a former District educator and Camden County Freeholder. Mrs. Cream grew up in Camden where she had a storied career serving students and her community. Starting in 1949, she taught in four different elementary schools. She became principal at Sumner School in the mid-sixties. In 1968, she took the job of principal at Cooper’s Poynt School where she remained until becoming principal of Camden High School in 1972.

The entire Camden community is proud to have Riletta Twyne Cream Early Childhood Center's beautiful structure in her honor. It is our hope and dream that Mrs. Cream’s legacy will be reflected on the lives of today and tomorrow’s youth.